Saturday, June 16, 2012

What Life Has Taught Me!

Smile warms me like the sun warms the earth
Eyes shimmering with ambitious concentration
Hiding the pain of an arduous past
Not havinga too many people they can call friend
Cautious to begin again
I've seen you before says he
Way before you became Equality
How could that be
Let me see
I had to search my mind
a long journey thru time
to reveal a place where we met before
A painful place where I seldom explore
However I was implored to do so
And don't you know the place of pain
No longer seemed the same
I needed to go back to reclaim
my throne
Understanding all the disrespect shown
is because I didn't give my attention
to all who sought after me or told them
we just couldn't be
So why stay away from your city?
All because of the heartbreak committee?
Some guys can act so pretty
if u know what i mean =D
The same ones that were trying out for the team
Didn't make the cut now want to plot
I peeped your scheme
And you wonder why I'm so mean

As the painful memories disappeared again
the only thing i can remember is seeing him
Remembering that scent of cologne I used to
smell.
In the breeze when he walked by
My eyes begin to swell i started to cry
it was the cause of my deception
I realized i missed my call
As I traced my steps over my fall, from grace
you should of seen my face
i now know what victory could taste like
and i know where i went wrong
Finally understanding after listening to my own song
I may never even totally get it right
But what i learned last night, was this:
The race isn't always to the one that's fast or even to the swift
Its to the one that can last
So realizing all my hells came from the
lack of endurance on my behalf


Sometimes you just have to slow down
and see all of the beautiful colors in life as they are today
Enjoy the now
The future will always be a step away
So I sit
Basking in the sun's rays
Counting my blessings
I am amazed
At the how each decay
makes way
for new beginnings
Lucky for me this game included extra innings 
And I stay forever winning
Because no matter the outcome
I know, i will always receive the tools
for the way I must go
How do I know?
Life has taught me so






No comments:

Post a Comment