Monday, June 18, 2012

Spring Fever!

I may have lost the fight
But I refuse to lose the battle
Some people look at love as sheeting and shallow
I don't
I now know its something that must be nurtured
It is there for the seeker and the searcher
B.u.t. if u get too close
It surely can hurt u
I've been hurt by Love
Only when I didn't understand
Not knowing how love is
However, when I began to have kids
I learned how unconditional it could be
Or when i lost my best friend
when he died it tore me apart
To be pained knowing the ones closest to my heart
can be ripped away
i learned to love
Love like nobodies business
Its hard to explain i guess u just have to live this
Life the way I've seen it
Many times my love has been put to the test
However, after all the mess it seemed
That my love is the only one that remained true
I finally realized love never left the moment I looked at you
Or the faces of those that i love
Love is an entity that can inhabit anything at
any given time
So i can never say Love is truly mine
But i can pretend...
What gives me solace is knowing that
Love is the only one that truly knows me
Why?
Cause out of everyone and everything it never left me.
My thoughts were consumed by its effect in my life
It walked with me
Everyday, lived with me
day and night
even though at times it hurt
me it also made sure i was alright
it made me who i be and
who i am
Love always seems to have the master plan
Won't even let me have a say
So I give up the reins
My friends already think I'm insane
So it's okay...
I guess that's why until today
My attachment to Love won't seem to go away
The trials of being born in May


No comments:

Post a Comment