Thursday, June 14, 2012

Born with a Wooden Spoon in My Mouth (written earlier today)

I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth
But acquired one throughout the years...
It did make the soup taste different
However, i still liked the old wooden spoon too
The wooden spoon had heritage and culture
The silver spoon tasted like metal but the food was just as good
Confused I discarded my silver spoon thinking the wooden one had made the food better
Then one day the wooden spoon broke and for some reason we couldn't fix it
Then I wished I had the silver one back
So I went in the garage and found it on a rack
B.u.t. the silver one had turned black
It was tarnished
It no longer wanted my company
Because it felt with the wooden spoon I'd rather be
Didn't realize that the only reason I didn't keep it in the first place
because it was different
I was used to eating from the wooden spoon
But then later I realized that eating with the silver spoon made my food taste
better to me.
The silver spoon made me feel at  home
So I kept it in the same spot
the wooden spoon use to be
Now this is the one I will keep dear to me
because all I had to do was
polish it  shining looking all brand new 
It was no longer tarnished
Although in my heart I kept
the lessons taught from the wooden
spoon.
So I no longer feel remorse

No comments:

Post a Comment