Thursday, June 14, 2012

Guarded Against Heart Break

Recalculating my steps
Realizing I missed one along the way
Not sure what journey I want to take today
Do I go back and pick up the one I lost along the way
Or do i continue on my path
In the past when i went back it was to pick up
someone already along for the ride
But this one was left on the other side
Sun & Moon were eclipsed that day
However, today the old passengers aren't the same
they have grown older and  their ways have changed
What used to be an amicable greeting turns into a chore
That ole spark doesn't have the same lore...
But ironically it seems to offer so much more
I guess it's because I have grown and my needs matured
I'm no longer looking at life as a struggle anymore
It is a time to be spent enjoying ur days
So i am going to do just that
No more living with regrets
Worrying about problems that probably won't
even come into fruition
That's the key to heartbreak everytime
Learned the lesson already moved on...
It no longer fits this ignition.
I have guarded myself with the latest
safety equipment known to man
And when that all fails I will make use of these hands...lol





No comments:

Post a Comment