Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Does hurt have a fast forward button?

I learned not to share your heart
It's like putting the horse before the cart
Don't even know where to begin
let alone start to tell you
How I feel right now
I'll just say
The ones that can bring u up can also bring u down
Painful lesson I had to learn
Who u call your friends u must truly discern
Oh how the tides can turn
Thats why i don't let it burn me
Cus one thing i can c, but they obviously can't

This is all to teach me
What i should and what I shan't
 the real meaning of chant and meditation
A cessation of self destructive habits
Still haven't mastered who i let inhabit
my heart
Easily seen if u can chart
my path
Ready to be first
Tired of being last
Do the same thing expect the same results
So in the future
I'm going to make sure that my heart consults
my mind in the beginning
Save me from spending
 my time on mindless pursuits
entertaining those with self serving agendas
I'm ready to surrender
tired of all the pretenders
that want to play games with my heart
Something I always wish I knew in the start
Maybe I wouldn't feel like i feel right now
But today I make a vow
to self
To always value my inner wealth
Never sell ur self short
Lessons taught
late but oddly on time...


No comments:

Post a Comment