Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Self Exploration...

I am at a different place in my life.
Funny how life can change you at the most unexpected times.
I still am me but the way I view me has changed
It took for my life to become deranged turned upside down
For me to realize the me-ness of me.
Many times I was displaying the me ness of he or the meanness of she
When life brought me to my knees
I realized who i had to be
I had to be there for me more than I am there for anyone else
It was always hard for me to do for self
I always felt as though I had to aid those in need
Always picking up an extra mouth to feed
Now I have learned to feed myself first
Lo and behold how my wealth has increased
To say the least
I was tired of falling into situations because I stuck my neck out too far to assist
Somehow I just couldn't resist
Ole Mother Theresa is what i was labeled because i was always trying lift up
the disabled
But sometimes that just enabled them to depend on only me
Secondary wife to everybody
A real busy body I became
Attending to others affairs sometimes neglecting mine
Until one day I had to find
a greater sense of self

Now many may not like the new me because I have learned to say no
But if only they knew how far i came and how far i have to go
But one thing I now know is
I love me more than I ever have before
I implore you to explore
your inner depths
Every single chamber
Until there is no remainder
left to love
And I am so proud 
That I finally found and truly love the real me....
Inner exploration is key...






No comments:

Post a Comment