Friday, June 22, 2012

Turtle

Decisions to be made
Looking at all the cards that have been laid  down
Separating the real from the fake
I sit and wait
I here no sound
I look around and see there is only me
I have to draw a card to see
what the future will hold for me
There were previous cards picked
But somehow it just didn't click with my style of life
So this time I affirm to do things right
Pondering on past hurts I thought to myself
Why did I choose that path is it because of what i felt?
I thought the grass
looked greener on the other side
Shouldn't have listened to the other guys they apparently lied
Not realizing all I had to do was water the grass
on my own side more often
I laid my coffin,
And as soon as i hopped that gate
A Pit bull came out and it was all to late
for me to break away
My friends ran in and asked me if i was okay
I said I was
but i really wasn't
Sometimes I have a tendency of saying it was when it wasn't
I had to conceal my pain.
I guess I didn't want to be looked at as lame
For allowing trivial things to hurt me
but the big issues I some time don't even see
Well consciously'
that is
Most people think ohh there's the nice lady with the kids
But if they lift the lid
they will c that there is so much more to SoLiLoQueen
Unconsciously it eats me up inside
The Pain
I just know it hurt me and I am not the one to cry
This time I did...  .
Depending on friends asking him and them
made me realize
that the only one u need is the u on the inside.
That person really won't lie to u
They know all the crap
u have been thru in life
Yet they still stick around to watch u finally get it right
And its alright if that's all u have in the end
Remember, before anything else be your own best friend
I made my home on my back so  I can always begin again..


No comments:

Post a Comment