Sunday, June 24, 2012

Distant Love Crime

Why does truth hurt now?
I remember when truth felt so good
that i chose it as a name
i wore it proudly on my chest
Until that day i confessed
What was hidden in my heart
Then that's when the pain of truth began to start
I thought how empty of me to be so full of he
It really jostled me
Because the response wasn't expected
I felt as though I was standing there naked
Exposing my soul for you to see
But u didn't believe me
How I let my heart deceive me
into thinking
opening up was a good idea
I finally got over my fears, so i thought
Only to be left standing with tears hoping not to get caught crying
For my greatest fears have appeared before my eyes
I wasn't lying about my heart
Severing the ties that bind
It made me feel so so empty inside
I even tried to lie to myself and tell myself that i didn't feel the way i felt
I just needed a little help
Some acknowledgement from you
U just left me with my own thoughts and words to chew on
Which lead me to a revelation
Maybe you just represented temptation
Infatuation perhaps
I would agree if I could find something you lacked
Trying to keep my ego in check
I chose from the middle of the deck
And decided to walk away
No matter what my heart may say
this time I'm just going to have to love u from far away
from the sanctuary of my mind.
Love and Truth have committed yet another crime!
Let's see how this investigation unwinds...


No comments:

Post a Comment