Monday, June 18, 2012

Shared Heart

Does my righteousness offend you
Is my empathy rude
Is my sincerity
the reason for your 'tude

You said you sought righteousness and
someone refined
Then why do u seem so afraid of my mind

I know you are used to the ignorant kind
Maybe that's the reason you continue to seek and still can't find, me
'cus i'm right here
Not over there

Although it may be hard
I'm still willing to share
My heart with you
It has been broken b.u.t. finally repaired
and at that precise moment u suddenly appeared

Now I thought is this a joke?
Before my heart caught fire I
noticed the smoke
Which i confused for steam
How innocent flirtation does seem
Then next thing you know I was double teamed
By love and ego
They had me at the same time
It didn't help the fact that both of them were foine
Only one really had my mind

However in the end one remained mine
and the other disappeared
That was a time that i had often feared
Many nights my eyes teared
My heart was seared to be
Burnt by ur love it had to be
replaced with a donor
until the old one was repaired and returned
to its rightful owner
which i found out it happened to be no other than I
despite all the tattoos they were
all contributing to the lie
'cus
My heart belongs to me
 I just so happened to share it with you.
can't u c
And If things get too bad
i know what to do
However, even if I go
I want u to always know
That I love you and always did.




No comments:

Post a Comment