Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Distorted Imagery

Should I compromise my happiness for the sake of someone else's
Why does one feel the need to do so
Is it because they mistake happiness for ego
gratification
Cancelled all vacations!
because I am working on self
Can't compromise the wealth I've gained
I'm so far into the game
to quit
I am so over it!
Feeling so sad and blue not realizing the
only one that can truly make u happy is u
Which is me
Equality
The Soliloqueen
Some say I am mean
but I am still me
don't they only realize they only have seen
only one facet of me
I am not who they think they c
Maybe the reason may be
Is the way that I am displaying me
Guarded by walls placed to protect me
From all the pain and hurt that was
inflicted by he and she
Making me feel as though
I no longer want to stay
I don't want to leave
but people think I have something under my sleeve
when the only thing I wear on my sleeve
Is my heart
That has gotten beaten up
 a lot
However I repaired it
Over and over again
Realizing that my heart
is more resilient than my mind
I keep running the bad events
over and over they are all one of a kind
So that means that there is something
wrong with me
apologizing to he and she
and then to the world
I have grown into a woman
No longer a little girl
I realized that the picture
is ohh so bigger than that
pain that was felt,  i definitely remember that
it hurt to the depth of my soul
Some lessons won't be learned 'til the days of old
Some that I have learned aren't to be told






No comments:

Post a Comment