Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Home (Inspired by Stephanie Mills)

What I considered "home" wasn't
 Home to me
It's not the same city
It doesn't look the same
It didn't look familiar 
Yet it had the same name
All the buildings and people have changed
There was a time where I knew everyone's name
Now I feel strange
The further I travel away
It's harder for me to say
that i have a home
I took to writing these poems
and discovered
home is wherever i choose it to be
I clicked my heels 3 times and still didn't c
It took a few more heartbreaks for me to agree
That Home was really inside of me
So I moved in yesterday...
However, there wasn't any furniture
I only had a cot
However, it was a place where all the bad memories
could finally be forgotten
Like the Reparation givers forgot about us picking cotton
Wonder why we have gotten
like this
No sense of home
can make one seem alone
In a room full of friends
Cus in the end
There is No Place Like Home
Place where true love is always shown
even if it is disguised
in toughness
It stands the test of time
That's my Litmus and Gauge
So tonight I'll let Stephanie take stage
and sing my song...

Click Here To listen to the Song That Inspired This Piece on Grooveshark

For Those With You Tube Access Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment