Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Poetry Story

I used to look to outside influences
for inspirations to write
That was before last night
I decided that I have enough self love
(the main ingredient for being able to write what i write)
to carry my thru
while i do what i do best
to my life breath 
My poems will manifest me
I forgot how my old poems used to talk about the lil things sometimes as small as 
the way i breathe
Pages filled with how i love life
 and how things i sometimes cleave to
no longer holds the meaning it once had
However, I am still Glad
Elevate Elevating Elevation
Words that keep that resonating making me want to ascend
Realizing all life's blessings
I have received
And I am truly thankful
Thankful for my family and friends
Even for being someone's wife
it may have brought me much strife
B.u.t. it gave me another  reason to share my life
its also the reason I decided to chronicle my rise
So glad u are still along for the ride...
Watching as I tackle my life from every angle all sides
my pride, tears, pain, & story reflected in my work
full of glory
I continue to heal and rebuild me inside
Telling my story









No comments:

Post a Comment