Sunday, July 22, 2012

Life's Journey

Reshaping my future
Reshaping my mind
Making sure my mind as
well as my body is totally refined
Let's rewind to a time
where I was in synch
what people  post sometimes makes u ponder and think
Are you living out your fullest potential or
are you just along for the ride?
In order to answer that I had to take a step on the
other side
Searching for the reasons why
i felt the need to hide
Somewhere between the lies that were told
Today outdated and old
So no longer can they take hold of me
I have grown thru deciding not to change who i be
because of what he did with she
that doesn't even concern me
why you ask
I decided not to take up the task
of carrying a burden to heavy to bear
Why would I dare?
Better yet why would i even care?
I would be too busy doing what pleases me in my life
Yes Iyanla was right!
In all of her books I read
my life has cosigned what she said
As I grow from every experience
I hope those listening are really
hearing this
'Cus I am proud of my life's achievements
I've seen it all from ladies and gents
to hustlers and pimps
However, I still remain who i was, am and always will be
And that's the best knower of me
One who strives for righteousness and Equality
Picture that after all that I still have the sight to see
the right path for me in my life
And I am prepared for the rest of this journey
so ready to take flight.
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment