Saturday, July 21, 2012

6

I've entered a newer phase in my life
I have a new endeavor
As Thoreau spoke
I am embarking on living the life I
have imagined
This time I am doing it my way
Not letting any distractions come
I know the mistakes of yesterday
So Everyday when I arise I am given an opportunity
to recreate myself anew
Not really brand new
B.u.t. finally expressing my power to choose
the hells that I have created
By loving those that didn't want to be loved
so hard
That at times I became starved

So I put myself on timeout
No I'm not angry just needed time to figure
it all out
I am the one that has to live with myself
at the end of the day
I'll come around someday...
I always do
One thing that's true whatever
Good things I said I meant them and they were all true
And maybe even some of the bad ones
When I balance it all out
I still have no doubts
I am glad that I had a chance
to spend a moment in time with you
Must admit part of my dream came true
That was the part when I actually connected with you
Not even trippin when u do u
Even down to the joking we do
Is the reason why I feel this is unsavory
for me to do
So all those things you're thinking may be totally
untrue
Especially if u think what i feel for u
has changed
Maybe it has
and i just don't know
So until the unknown is known
I will end this poem
and get on with my life
But this time  in doing so i will ensure I'm doing it right
I promised myself this tonight
I will focus on me
The way it should have been and always
should be
I have to live out the highest level of Equality
cus that is no other than me
the only person I can be
 



No comments:

Post a Comment