Saturday, July 21, 2012

Life Giving Water

I know it appears that I am having a hard time
making up my mind
However that isn't the case this time
I have made up my mind and my heart
But this is when the hard part comes in
Cus that borders on the line of being friends
and lovers
U know frolics under the cover
I had a talk with my mother
She was encouraging of me pursuing my dreams
Sometimes the end result is not what it seems she warned
when i imagined it
It was like a fire was lit
a flame within my soul
the eternal ember of light
Began shining real bright
to the point where it blinded me
where i couldn't c
the blessings that stood there it just
couldn't be
Really like a magnet we attract?
So why couldn't u tell me that awhile back?
Why did u let it come to this?
A time where i just want to ball up my fist
and punch a wall sometimes
Cus I have some how resolved in my mind
u will never be mine
Seems like time
has repeated itself
Spoiled again cus i didn't realize the value of
my inner wealth
I retreat to my haven of solitude
I don't mean to be rude at all
Sometimes when i take a fall
i need time to heal again and correct my steps
Conjure up the strength of Hatshepsut
A new breath of Air
I take my chair and imagine it's a throne
I decide what tone I want my life to take
and play the songs of my life like they have
never been played before
Once i finally reach the door that leads
to my happiness
After taking all the test
that were given to me
I fall to my knees humbly 
admitting when i fall short of the Glory of God
every single time I feel the Rod of the error of my ways
My wisdom and retreat displays
That even I admit to at times being dismayed
i am not perfect I make mistakes
However, I am still here willing to do whatever it takes
to ensure that my heart doesn't break like it has in the past
Crying like Job screaming about the first being last
Alas! the realization the last will only be first when 
they put in the work
Its not about hocus pocus 
or being a jerk
Its about gaining understanding 
and using discernment 
and most importantly not allowing 
things to ferment 
The lessons learned is to
be proactive in all areas of life
Then only then u will know for sure 
that u will be all right
U won't have anymore of those sleepless
nights
Insomnia a thing of the past cus at this point
first will be the last and the last will be first
Just look at all those mishaps as a time to 
rehearse
Remember Always Put U First
Once u are full u can help others quench their thirst



 

No comments:

Post a Comment