Saturday, November 3, 2012

Right Track

Call me emotional
Maybe I am
because I know where I am going
and I know where I've been
Not trying to walk that path of heartbreak again
My heart has been broken by family, lovers and friends
No choice but to begin all over again
Mending all the pieces to my heart
Getting my life back on track
Making sure this time i keep my dignity intact
In fact this time i have decided to no longer share
my heart or the contents within
I know i've said this time and time again
But this time i really mean it
I've seen it shattered many times before
sometimes i wasn't able to pick up all the pieces from
off the floor
some of it got caught in the cracks
Some got swept away out back
Didn't know what was in store for my future
with a half broken heart.
This time not finishing what I did start
I decided not to stick around.
Tired of being clowned
for the poor choices I've made and continue to make
Realizing all that is at stake
every time decisions are made
I feel like a slave
to love
more like a stunt double
as though i must go and endure
all the pain
Meanwhile love gets to bask in all the glory and and fame attributed
to the emotion
whereas I get to walk around with a shattered heart
trying to piece it together like a jigsaw puzzle
This time i'll make sure i use a muzzle
Since my heart gets easily attached to the wrong type of
individuals
My heart suffering the consequences of my choices
not liking the residuals
I finally am in a position where it finally rejoices

So this time I dare not to gamble.
or listen to all the voices
that left my life in shambles
I'm going to just love me
And see where that takes me.


No comments:

Post a Comment