Saturday, November 3, 2012

Lessons of Life and Love

I just want
to be loved
to be understood
to have someone love me
as deep as i showed love for he
to find the one with the key
that can unlock the inner workings of me
He would have the ability to see thru all of
the facades

I've ceased wanting to be at odds
with who I was
and who I have become
I am a work in progress and he will know and undertand
that we all are.
He would have come as far or even further on this journey of love.
And would be willing to weather any storm

However,
The only thing that I seem to have trouble with
is determining
just how far I should go
to wait for this relationship to grow to a point
where there is mutual understanding.
I have walked up so many landings
and realized that Langston
was some sort of prophet
One thing I never found out was how can
We Stop It.
Stop the sharp turns around the corners on the steps of life

It has been a hard knock life, indeed.
However, in love its hard for me to just sit down
So I must take it in good stead 
I cannot sulk about the rough patches.
No complaining about the doors with no handles or latches

Meanwhile, steadily turning down all the good catches.
Yet always wanting to complain
that there aren't any good men left in the world.

They are there!

They were the ones that opened the doors for you
and even pulled out the chairs 
However, you felt they were just too nice
and didn't really care
for them in that way
They were the first ones there willing to give solid advice
But you'd rather chase the unavailable
the unattainable
Wanting the ones that Constantly leave you wondering
 if u mean anything at all to them

New Conclusion
There is no future in the title of  being
"Just A Friend"
Don't let me even begin
and,
These are the "men" you rather have in your life?
Treating you like a tramp and not as a wife?

I tell ya
I am done with all those types
I am only dealing with those that don't have those gripes
I think i have finally gotten it right
It was indeed a fight
to gain that type of insight
that only comes from true self respect
Not chasing after his checks
living by this wisdom shall surely help

B.u.t. Nowadays,
how u treat me is how I will respond in kind.
A high mountain for some to climb
b.u.t. one I'm undoubtedly ready for
I have learned to love
but now
always loving me more
tired of my heart being sore
My happiness is what I am willing and ready to explore
This is one thing I am sure and certain of.
My ode to the life lessons of love

Consistency



No comments:

Post a Comment