Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Broken Again

Broken Again..
I put my favorite music playlist on shuffle
And as always the songs that play
express my deepest emotions...
Knowing if I do the same things
the same results will be displayed
i still repeatedly do those same things hoping
but knowing change won't come
Tired of people playing with the strings of my heart i decided to
finally let go
Who am I kidding?
I ask myself as
Coltrane's Naima begins to play
it's my favorite melancholic mood muzik and
I must admit the sound that i hear is the same song that always seems to play
over and over again as though i have my life on repeat.
So i have decided to change the song
and when i do
i hear Mary J's Be Happy
realizing the only time I am truly happy is when I have decided to
embrace and love just  me.
Adding others to that mix often makes my life more complicated than it needs to be
Anita and The Winan's gave me hope to know
tomorrow is another day....
And that's something to be thankful for.
And I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment