Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Choose Life & True Love as a Companion

Sometimes I wonder if I am crazy
Or am I just being lazy
No longer up for a chase
Wondering if i got a taste of my own medicine
A hard pill to swallow
As i sit her and wallow in self pity

My heart seems to have a mind of its own
The more I tell her to leave u alone
She won't stop
Seems as though heart break is her lot in this life
I refuse to accept that
I thought maybe if i limited our chats
it would get the message

I was so wrong
No matter how long the distance, time, & space may be
She still doesn't want to listen to me
She has her own attachments that never make sense
Soon as i close the door guess who goes hopping over the back fence?
So i just let her go
Maybe after a few more heartbreaks she will know
that when i said No I meant No

A natural explorer she keeps wanting to go
So I let her do her
while I chase this cheddar to make our
life better.
She keeps running back in tears
Self fulfillment of past fears
However, she still won't  switch gears

What is wrong with her?
 I often ask myself
Can't she just see her inner wealth
And stop chasing those impossible dreams?
That all though how nice they may seem
its like building a building with no beams

No support
No real communication
A cessation of living the life she has imagined
because she is choosing to settle
Knowing this is not fully what she wants
You can hear her friends taunt her but
rather than extricate herself  she decided to fall deeper
Turned back into a weeper

Picking up ego's  pieces as she continues
handing out leases
to my heart
When is this madness going to stop
I guess there is nothing i can do cause its
even prevalent in my chart
I guess this lifetime is not about finding and maintaining
that perfect match for my  heart
Cus if it was i would have finally gotten it right
Love is nothing you should have to fight, for really
It should be given freely by the possessor of the heart
That's always how it starts out
Then after a couple of bouts
You reevaluate your decisions
and try to see the reason in your choices
Then  begin to realize that you are suffering cus u
listened to too many voices
You allowed the indecision to create incisions in your heart
thinking u are saving face u ignored the best part
Only to find that it wasn't a cure only a mask of the symptoms
to deep rooted issues
Trying to secure things that are out of reach
Not heeding the lesson life was trying to teach
Therefore i will now beseech you to open your eyes
And take notice of the great person that lies inside
Value u and who u are
u have come so far
 so don't give up now
Keep on going and if u get stuck I will show u how








No comments:

Post a Comment