Sunday, February 3, 2013

You're in Good Hands

I was once afraid to explore the deep recesses of love
I was convinced to dwell on the banks
I always thought I really knew what love was and what
It meant to love someone
Boy was I wrong
I never knew the deep intimacy involved
The exploration of what caused my heart to palpitate
So my heart and mind finally resonating
a sense of unifying with my higher self

Petrification
Describes how I felt
When asked, my closest friends they said do as u shalt
No resistance encountered

As each day goes by
We draw closer and closer
Emotional roller coaster
One that I don't want to get off because
I c the larger picture
And it’s worth the cost

I put away the need to always be the boss
But of course
If it’s needed I know how to retrieve it
I really like the way he has me feeling
Constantly revealing more of who I am
With no fear
insight

Especially that night
When he made everything alright
In fact he knows the importance of
Communication

The sensation I get when I hear his voice
As I ponder in my mind did I make a good choice?
Then he always does something that cosigns my original
sentiment
He is a gentleman
to say the least
He had the authority to tame my inner beast
The one that comes forward to keep certain people back
Making sure my heart stays in tact

He had a way of keeping all that at bay
Then I remembered all those nights I stayed up to pray
To send this type of man my way.
So I stopped with all that too good to be true jazz
and realized that sometimes the first is last and the last is first
He is your reward for your rebirth

You have been on a continuous journey throughout  life
And if you pay close attention at all the times you didn't seem to
get just  right.
There was always someone better along the road that made things
alright.

So tonight
Erase all fears
It's ok to take another route
And this time realize
 this is your reward for all of your bouts
So there's no need to doubt
You’re in good hands 



No comments:

Post a Comment