Sunday, January 12, 2014

Focused Thoughts

Realizing in every goodbye
there is a whisper of
hello to a piece of me that
Was lost
Situation that brings some to their knees
Causes me to stand tall
Realizing there is seasons to life winter spring summer and fall
You just have to weather the storms
Dress for the season
There is always a reason...
For every trial
Are u ready to swim some miles?
That's the question I ask these days
Especially when my heart has been dismayed
As those individuals fade to black
I realize what I lacked
Was something no one could give me
The love that I require requires consistency
Commitment
And discernment
I refuse to let my heart ferment
Thinking of time spent
Pondering if in some way did
I misrepresent my heart my purpose
Not losing focus
I walk with my eyes strongly fixed on the horizon
I keep rising
I continue to rise until all hurt feelings reside
Filled with pride
Knowing I wasn't the one that lied
I stayed true to me
Living out my highest equality
Remaining free of regret and guilt
Not crying over milk spilt
I know who I be and remain true to that
Knowing that it wasn't what I lacked
Just the Simple fact
I must more selective of who I attract.

No comments:

Post a Comment